All bookings are subject to our Terms and Conditions as below.
- All cats must be vaccinated against Feline Enteritis and Cat Flu. The vaccination certificate must be available for inspection on admission. The treatment must have been completed at least 10 days before the commencing date of boarding.
- Please ensure your cat is in a fit and sound condition and treated against fleas and that worming treatments are up to date before boarding with us, or you will be charged accordingly for these treatments. We must be informed of any recent illness or veterinary treatment your cat has had.
- We are unable to accept kittens under 4 months of age.
- We regret we are unable to accept any cats over 6 months of age that have not been neutered.
- Only cats from the same home may share accommodation.
- All cats staying with us must be microchipped. If your cat is not microchipped, we can arrange for this to be done whilst your cat is staying with us, for a fixed fee.
- All cats will be examined on arrival for signs of ill health. We reserve the right to refuse admission of any cat that appears to be suffering from an infectious disease, pending veterinary advice.
- All medications must be clearly labelled and administration instructions given.
- Any special dietary or medication requirements must be discussed with us and agreed at the time of booking.
- In the event of illness occurring during a stay the proprietor is authorised to request veterinary advice and attendance and to undertake any treatment prescribed at the owner’s expense.
- Daily charges are inclusive of the day of arrival and departure. If you decide to pick up part way through your booking you will be charged in full for the original booking dates made. There are no deductions if clients prefer to bring their own food.
- Any non-safety collars are to be removed when your cat boards with us to reduce the risk of injury.
- Any cat left uncollected after 14 days of the date due to leave the cattery without communication from the owner or their representative will be classified as abandoned and handed over to an animal re-homing establishment at our discretion.
- In the unfortunate and sad event that a cat should die whilst staying at The Garden Cattery, the owner or owner’s representative will be notified as soon as possible. Unless we are instructed otherwise the cat will be taken to the cattery’s veterinary surgery for the appropriate safe storage until the owner returns.
- Cats will not be released to anyone other than their owners without prior agreement.
- Please be aware that our Coronavirus Information terms also apply to all bookings, and are subject to change at short notice based on government or scientific advice.
These Terms and Conditions are designed to protect the health and wellbeing of the cats in our care.
You can cancel your booking without penalty if you give at least as many days’ notice as the length of your booking, or 14 days, whichever is shorter. Cancellations with less notice may be charged up to 50% of the value of the booking. Any no-show bookings will be charged in full.