We value your privacy and appreciate that you trust us to protect that information. This Privacy and Policy explains what information we collect from you, why we collect it, and how we protect it. It also summarises your rights and tells you how you can exercise those rights.
Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information collected automatically:
- your IP address
- the internet browser and device you use
- the date and time you visit, and how you use our website and access its content
Information you provide when you contact us or make a booking:
- contact details (such as e-mail address, physical address, telephone numbers)
- payment information (such as credit or debit card)
- information about your cat
Why do we collect this information?
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- fulfil your booking and provide related customer service
- maintain, improve, and administer our website
- inform you about products and services that might be of interest to you
- provide co-branded offers with our partners
- improve or personalise your online experience, our services, and our communications with you
- identify and prevent fraud
- enhance the security of our network and information systems
- better understand how visitors use our website
Who has access to your information?
We limit access to your information to employees who have a need to use the information and are obligated to protect that information and keep it confidential.
We may transfer your information to countries outside of the United Kingdom, including to the European Economic Area and the United States. To the extent we transfer your information outside of the United Kingdom, that transfer is governed by an agreement incorporating the standard contractual clauses in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, and Article 46 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “GDPR”).
We may also provide the information we collect about you to other companies, who may process the information on our behalf, including companies that assist us with:
- Storing and securing data
- Processing payments
- Marketing, analytics, and fraud detection activities
- Customer service
We may also share the information as required or permitted by law, such as when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to cooperate with an investigation of activities claimed to be unlawful, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, or to protect our rights or property or those of others.
Finally, we may provide your information to one or more third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, or corporate reorganisation involving us.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. interactive tools, images, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is provided or because we are legally required to do so.
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to:
- access your personal information
- unsubscribe from marketing or withdraw any specific consents you gave us
- request a copy of the personal information that is being processed by us
- have errors in your personal information corrected
- have your personal information deleted (or altered so that you are not identifiable) or to restrict the ways in which we use your information – but in either case, only under specific circumstances prescribed by law
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
You can contact us to exercise these rights by using the information on the Contact Us page on this website.
How we protect your data
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to help us protect your personal information. For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your personal data when we process your booking.